Rachel Green graduated from Northern Michigan University with a Bachelor of Science in Management of Health and Fitness in 2012, where she also concluded her collegiate playing career. She appeared in 39 matches, posting 497 assists and 235 digs. In 2006, Rachel helped Iowa Western Community College to a 60-4 mark and the NJCAA DI National Championship. She set the program's single-season mark with 2,045 assists. She also earned All-Conference honors at Kalamazoo Valley Community College in 2007. Rachel's passion for volleyball began when she was 4 years old, since then she has not stopped learning, practicing, and giving back to the sport. With over 20 years of volleyball knowledge, Rachel has a variety of skills, ideas, style development, and experience that she pulls from when coaching. Rachel has coached a variety of athletes from the start of their career (4 years old) through the end of their college career.
Rachel's coaching experience includes:
- Assistant coach at The University of Akron, Ohio
- Assistant Tournament Director and Master Coach at Michigan Volleyball Academy (MVA)
- Youth Academy Director and Lead Coach of the Dead Frog Far Out club team, Michigan
- Head Varsity Coach and Junior Varsity coach at Zeeland East and East Kentwood High Schools
- Sports Performance Volleyball Club (Aurora, Ill.)
- Rossview High School JV and Asst Coach
- A variety of other skill level camps and programs
Some of Rachel's coaching statistic highlights include:
- Guiding Zeeland East High School to their first conference tournament championship
- Winning a 16s' AAU National Championship with Sports Performance
- Mentoring a number of athletes and seeing them grow academically and athletically (All Conference Teams, College Scholarship Award Winners, etc)
In addition to running most of our Borderline tryouts, Rachel will be working with our Youth teams, working with our setters, and coaching a team.