[Coaches] Updates- Please Read!

Zehler, Kelly zehlerkl at miamioh.edu
Wed Dec 14 19:47:02 EST 2022

Coaches-

Coaches Meeting- *Sunday Dec. 18th 6:15 pm Phillips Hall *
We know with the holidays approaching and everyone's busy schedules that it
might be hard to get everyone in attendance but we would like to have a
meeting on Sunday at Phillips Hall at 6:15pm. Please make every effort to
attend the meeting or at least one coach from each team. . If you can not
attend in person because you have gone home from break- we will set up a
google meet for you to attend virtually.  We will have paperwork to sign,
practice scheduling completed as a group, tournament info, and basic
information needed for the season. Please fill out this form with your
intent to attend.

https://forms.gle/Pk9zkanHD3LT4JUNA

Tournaments-
The attached tournament schedule was sent to Chris to update on the
website. The green events are events we have contacted the tournament
directors requesting entry to but are still waiting on their response. We
will update those as we hear back from them. Most have a few openings so we
should be accepted. Team codes have been sent to TDs as well so hopefully
they update those soon and everything will have links.

Registration-
Teams have been registered on the OVR website and I am working on finishing
Sports Engine registrations. Unfortunately- we currently have 4 coaches
that have the necessary steps complete!  Please look for an email from me
and/ or sports engine in the next few days to see what you are missing.
Some may be as simple as accepting the invitation to join our club.

Officiating Clinic/ Scrimmage-
We have a meeting with spooky nook tomorrow (Thursday, Dec. 15th). We are
hoping to finalize plans for our officiating scrimmage. Working out details
like if they have equipment installed needed for the training videos, etc.
We will send out that information as soon as we have it. The class rooms at
Miami work great for the training but the court space at spooky nook will
be nice for the scrimmage portion of the day. Looking at January 14/15 as
the dates since their tournament fell though.

Practices-
We have our January availability for Miami and Spooky Nook. It is our hope
to get things set in January then be able to duplicate them for the rest of
the season. I am working on the master scheduling document with tournaments
included. We would like your input and assistance in getting these set.  We
will work on this at the meeting this sunday. There are many factors that
go into the practice schedules and we can not accommodate everyone. We will
take your input and make adjustments as needed based on the availability,
schedules and needs of the entire club.

Let me know if you have any questions-
Kelly