[Borderline-Info] Emergency Broadcast System

Bill Zehler bzehler at fuse.net
Tue Apr 3 23:35:14 EDT 2018

We have a feature on the website known as the Emergency Broadcast System
(EBS). When one is sent, it goes to everyone subscribed to
'info at borderlinevbc.org'. It is immediately posted on every page of the
Borderline website. It automatically goes to 'info'. It doesn't get to
everyone on the list immediately. It may take some time. That is why we ask
you to check the website before you leave for practice!

We use this system to announce sudden changes to schedules (practice or
tournaments) and significant weather events (snow, floods, tornados, etc.).
We try to make the decision to cancel practices(or not) to catch everyone
before they leave home. We realize some families have up to a 40 minute
drive. I don't get off of work until 3:30 PM. (I have a "real" job). We sent
the EBS around 4 PM. We also sent messages to all coaches that had a
practice scheduled for tonight. We sent a message to
'coaches at borderlinevbc.org' separately and asked the coaches individually to
contact their team members as well.

We are sorry if some of you didn't receive the message. It was on the
website for you to see it! We didn't want to be part of the headlines that
someone drove into a flooded country road and drowned or the tornado that
touched down and ravaged the middle school while a club was having
practices. In this day of modern technology please remember to ALWAYS check
the website before you leave home for practice! Life is too short to risk
your life -even for volleyball! J