FW: Online Officials Training

bzehler at fuse.net bzehler at fuse.net
Fri Jan 25 22:16:23 EST 2019

This is from Coach Dunwoody.

From: Ruchelle Dunwoody <dunwoor at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 10:42 AM
To: Bill Zehler <bzehler at fuse.net>
Subject: Online Officials Training

Hello All,

Unfortunately, due to the weather, we were unable to host our annual officials' scrimmage.  But our players still need that information. Borderline prides itself on being the best officiating club in Ohio.  I'm asking each of you to share this information with your team, so they can take the courses and get training and/or review they need to be great during our team officiating assignments.

1.  Log in to their webpoint/USA accounts.

2.  Select USAV Academy (red button) on the left side of the screen.

3.  Select the Course Catalog from the heading menu bar

4.  Select Catalog: Officiating Education Materials

5.  Select Catalog:  Indoor Officiating Materials

6.  Select Catalog 2 - Junior Officiating Education

*	To be certified as a scorer take the following courses - Libero Control, Scoring Basics - Non-deciding Set, and Scoring basic - Deciding Set

*	To be certified as an R2 take the following courses - Junior Second Referee and Junior signals.

*	Line judges are not certified and all who will work this position will need to take the Line Judge Essentials course.

*	Select the course your taking and hit the enroll now button at the top of the page.

*	Go to my account to launch the course

7.  Select Catalog 7 - Scorer Education - If you have a player that is currently certified as a scorer.  This section is a review and they will need to review:  Scoring tips and hints, Basic Scoring Example, Basic Scoring Example - Deciding Set, and Libero Control.  For players 15 and up, I suggest you review the scoring - sanctions.

8.  All coaches should review the - 6-minute module entitled Coaching's Role in Officiating module.

The players who want to be certified will have the results from their online quiz and will have to do a skills review with the official during their teams officiating assignment.  This can be done at any tournament during the pool play rounds.

Please call (513-255-0058) or email (dunwoor at gmail.com <mailto:dunwoor at gmail.com> ) Ruchelle if you have questions.

Good luck!

--

Ruchelle Dunwoody