Tryouts 10s-14s

Bill Zehler bzehler at fuse.net
Fri Nov 2 15:55:15 EDT 2018

Positions on our younger teams are filling fast! Some teams already have
full rosters. We realize that the deadline for acceptance is not until
November 7 at 9 PM. However, if you know you are not accepting our offer,
please let us give someone else the opportunity so they can decide what they
need to do.

We will try to do everything we can to make this a reality for anyone that
wants to participate. After rosters are full, we will offer positions to
some to practice with a team. Anyone that is a 'practice player' attends all
practices and scrimmages, is eligible to register for skills sessions and
clinics, and might be asked to be a full member if someone on that team
cannot continue to participate. We must still adhere to OHSAA rules
regarding the number of girls from the same school roster. This does not
pertain to 10s, 11s, and 12s. There is no limit for these age groups or
parochial schools not members of the OHSAA.

We know there are a lot of girls that haven't been offered a position. We
are working on putting together clinics or practice squads to include those
girls. We are working with the coaching staffs of local schools (Hamilton,
Middletown, and Talawanda to name a few) to help those that are not able to
play club volleyball the chance to improve their skills. We will have more
on this later.

If you have accepted an offer, please go back to your Webpoint account and
update your membership. We will start announcing skills sessions soon. They
are normally 1.5-2 hours in duration and $15-$25. We work on specific skills
or sets of skills. These sessions are open to any member of USA Volleyball.
If they are members of another club, they must have the permission of their
club director to attend. They are first come first served. If you register
for a session you are responsible for the fee.

We are excited to get started. We are developing practice and tournament
schedules. We will have practice times and dates of tournaments to review at
the Acceptance Meetings for 10s-14s. Remember that you have to be
re\presented at the meeting. We will work with those that have their D.C
class trips next weekend. J We didn't realize the trip was next week.