January 2-10 Practice.xlsx

Chris Bielby bielby.chris at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 11:52:52 EST 2020

Forwarding from Bill....

Attached, please find the practice schedule for January 2-10. All practices
will be conducted at Phillips Hall on the Miami Oxford campus. If this
proposed schedule works for almost everyone, we will use this template for
the next week as well. If you are not able to attend your team’s practice,
you are welcome to attend practice with another team. You should tell your
coach you cannot make it to practice and ask the coach of the team you
would like to work with for permission to practice with them. Please copy
Bill Zehler to make sure there are no restrictions with HSAA Rules.

There is construction to the west of Phillips Hall. We recommend that you
enter from the north by the Veterans Memorial off of Spring Street or the
east doors of Phillips on Oak St. The middle doors should be open. We will
try to make sure everyone knows how to get in the building.

We are putting together tentative tournament schedules for all teams.
Because of the pandemic, we are trying to avoid entering too many events in
January. They are going to be the most likely in danger of cancellation due
to the virus. We are going to try to enter more events toward the end of
February, March, and April. We cannot enter OVR events in April of May
until the OVR Junior Championships dates and divisions have been announced.
Be prepared for a heavy schedule of events in April. We recommend that you
reconsider any vacation plans for the months of April and May because it is
likely your team might have a tournament. We will avoid any participation
on Easter Weekend. Other than that, your team may be playing in a
tournament!

The OVR Championships are being announced very soon. We will post the dates
and divisions on our website. All divisions should be playing at the
Greater Columbus Convention Center. The weekends are April 17-18, May 1-2,
May 8-9, May 15-16, and May 22-23. These are single day events. They are
not two-day events. We need to be prepared to secure hotels if you choose
to spend the night at OVR Juniors' Volleyball - Downtown Hotels
<https://www.ovr.org/hotels/index.php>.

We are dealing with the virus the best we can. We have had it in our house
too! We have athletes and coaches that have contracted the virus. We have
had (and still do!) several athletes and coaches that have been quarantined
as well. Our primary focus is on offering a safe, healthy environment to
learn and improve the skills of our athletes. Your safety is of the highest
importance. When in doubt, please stay home.

Happy Holidays!