Borderline Team Shop
Order your items by December 10!
Spiritwear is now available for purchase. We are offering short and long sleeve t-shirts. We currently have short sleeve shirts in stock. If there is an interest in sweatshirts we will get an order together. Attached to this email is the new spiritwear logo as well as an order form. The shirts are grey with Borderline on the front left chest and the attached logo on the back. You can order spiritwear two ways:
- Email email@example.com with your order and it will be delivered to your practice. Payment will be due upon delivery.
- Mail the order form with payment to:
1376 Oxford Trenton Rd.
Hamilton, OH 45013
Your items will be delivered to practice once the order is received.
The practice schedule through December 17 is posted.
Borderline Handbook 2018
The Borderline Handbook details general information, fees and due dates, rules, grievance procedures, and much more... it's required reading for all Borderline athletes!
- We added a new skills session on back row defense for Sunday, December 10. We are in danger of cancelling at least one session for tomorrow (blocking) due to lack of interest. We need a minimum of 4 athletes for this session. We need two more athletes for the setting session also That minimum is 8 athletes. Please consider attending these sessions.
- New skills sessions for Saturday, December 9, are posted. We will have sessions on setting and blocking. Bring you baseball cap to the blocking session.
- 15 Attack-your practice on Sunday, December 10 at PH is from 3-5:30 PM.
- 15 Hawks Parents Meeting is after practice on Sunday, December 10 at 5:30 PM. We will find a classroom if possible.
- Miami starts exams next week. There may be study sessions in the classrooms at Phillips. Please try not to disturb students studying in the classrooms.
Strength and Conditioning Program
As we announced a few days ago, we are starting a strength and conditioning program for our athletes. We are excited to have Dr. Taryn Lewis run this for us. We need to purchase a good amount of equipment to run this venture. We are looking for someone that would be willing to underwrite the program. We are a 501c3 nonprofit. Any donation would be distributed to the entire club and not to any individual. Please contact Bill Zehler if you are interested in improving our program.
Dr. Taryn Lewis
Doctor Taryn Lewis is joining our program this season. In addition to coaching one of our teams, she will also run our conditioning program. She will work with our coaches to ensure that our athletes are in shape to withstand the rigors of our sport. This is something you don’t always get with your club experience. We are excited to be able to offer this training!
Coach T (Doc/ Dr. Lewis) finished coaching her first season at Colerain high school as an assistant freshman and assistant varsity coach. While coaching at Colerain this season she was also responsible for designing the conditioning program for the entire program. She has 5 years’ experience playing club volleyball and played all 4 years of high school, 2 of which were on varsity. Following high school she continued to play recreational volleyball in undergraduate and graduate school.
In addition to her B.S. in Life Science degree she also holds a M.S. in Sports Science and Rehabilitation and a Doctorate of Chiropractic degree. While in graduate school she worked as an intern in the Biofreeze/Human Performance clinic where she treated and worked with many athletes from a variety of sports, age groups and levels of experience. She completed her D.C. preceptorship in South Florida with a renowned sports Chiropractor and sports performance training facility where she had the opportunity to work with professional athletes as well as collegiate and elite youth athletes. She completed her M.S. internship here at home with NKU Strength and Conditioning department where she assisted in testing and training various teams including volleyball, baseball, soccer, and track and field.
Announcements (12/6/20-17 10:11 PM)
We have several announcements to send out over the next few days. Here are the first items:
- We still have plenty of space in the serving session at Phillips Hall tomorrow (Thursday), from 6-7:30 pm. We have samples of the Youth uniforms that we can bring to this session if you let us know you will be there. Anyone can attend the serving skills session tomorrow! We have plenty of room for more girls (or boys)!
- The 16 Attack parents meeting is before practice on Saturday morning at 10:30 at Phillips Hall.
- The 15 Attack team has practice on Sunday, December 10 from 3-5:30 (not 1-2:30). The schedule for Sunday, December 17 is correct.
- Skills sessions are being planned for Saturday, December 9 on setting and blocking (separate sessions). Registration will fill quickly!
Miami University Facility Rules
Borderline offers advertising on its website as a fundraiser for Borderline athletes.
Borderline athletes may solicit sponsors to cover some or all of their Borderline Fees
(see the Borderline Handbook, "Borderline Fees").
For complete information and to submit your ads, see Advertising with Borderline.
2016 Season Highlights Archived
Our 2016 season highlights have been moved to the Borderline Archives.